Pharmaceutical Facilities Plumbing Systems
Electronic Download (PDF)
Pharmaceutical Facilities Plumbing Systems provides you with a thorough analysis of the various aspects of a plumbing system. This unique handbook also offers detailed examples of the practical information needed for these types of facilities including:
- Codes and Standards
- Drainage Systems Special applications for unusual fluids to be discarded.
- Water Systems Utility water usage, impurities found in water, and applications of systems to achieve pure water.
- Compressed Gas Systems Equipment and accessories for compressed gas systems.
- Vacuum-Air Systems Vacuum criteria and accessories for systems
- Cryogenic Storage of Gases Types and sizing criteria for tanks. Pipe materials and other components.
- Animal-Care Facility Piping Systems Special requirements for animal facilities with respect to water supply and waste disposal.
- Life-Safety Systems Emergency equipment such as showers and respirators for life threatening situations.
- Facility Environments Rooms such as cleanrooms where environment control is critical.
- Validation Confirmation process for design after installation.
- Clean-in-Place and Steam-in-Place Systems Types of cleaning applications available without dismantling equipment.
- Utilities for Pharmaceutical Process Equipment Descriptions of equipment utilized in a pharmaceutical facility.
About the Author:
Mike Frankel, CIPE, a native of Brooklyn, N.Y., holds an engineering degree from the City University of New York and has more than 35 years of experience in the plumbing industry and engineering and design profession. He is a prolific author with numerous magazine articles and books to his credit including Facility Piping Systems Handbook as well as the plumbing sections of the Architectural Graphic Standards and the Piping Handbook .
Mr. Frankel has been a principal voting member of the Technical Committee on piping for NFPA 99 and is an active member of ASPE. Some of Mr. Frankel’s notable projects include NASA’s Vehicle Assembly Building at Cape Canaveral and the Shrine of the Book in Israel.