The 2020 Engineers Week (February 16-22) and Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day (February 20) are just around the corner. Are you looking for inspiration, ideas, or advice to spice up your plans? DiscoverE is hosting a one-hour webinar, “Countdown to Engineers Week and Girl Day 2020,” on January 15, 2020 at 5 p.m. EST to help. You can register for this free webinar here.
The webinar will introduce ideas, strategies, and resources that you can use to promote engineering careers to grade and high school students. It will cover:
- Effective ways to engage students in engineering
- How local collaborations can energize your programs
- Resources that work
All registrants will receive an engineering activity packet to use in Engineers Week and Girl Day outreach programs.
The webinar presenters will be:
- Cynthia Chin, Mathematics Teacher, Madison East High School
- Tina Meiners, Head of Youth Services, Montrose Regional Library
- Thea Sahr, Director of Communications & Programs, DiscoverE
Established more than 30 years ago, DiscoverE works to ensure that people everywhere understand how engineers, technicians, and technologists make the world a better place and helps the engineering community to volunteer in their local schools and help young students discover engineering through programs such as Engineers Week, World Engineering Day, Girl Day, and the Future City competition.