The 2024 Certified in Plumbing Design (CPD) exam will be held via remote proctor on April 15–26, and registration is now open for eligible candidates on ASPE Education.
To be eligible to take the CPD exam, you must possess one of the following:
- Full ASPE membership or previously received approval to sit for the exam starting November 22, 2021
- A minimum of four years of experience in a position of responsibility for the design of plumbing systems and a baccalaureate degree in a field related to engineering
- In lieu of an accredited degree, a candidate may substitute up to an additional four years of practical experience in the design of plumbing systems, for a total of eight years, or be granted a credit of one-half year of practical experience for each full year of education in an accredited curriculum related to plumbing engineering.
- CPDT certification counts toward one year of experience.
If you are not sure if you are eligible to sit for this year’s exam, please submit the CPD Eligibility Form.
The deadline to register for the 2024 exam is April 1, 2024.
What Is the CPD?
The CPD program is the only international credential for engineers and designers of plumbing systems. It sets the standard for leadership within the industry and provides formal recognition of outstanding professionals with advanced skills in the design and specification of plumbing systems.
Those who pass the CPD exam are awarded the “Certified in Plumbing Design (CPD)” credential. The CPD credential is designed to:
- Establish specific standards for professional competence in the field.
- Identify and recognize those individuals who successfully demonstrate their acquired knowledge and abilities.
- Encourage plumbing engineers to participate in a continuing program of professional development.
- Provide a standard for educational programs in plumbing engineering.
- Enhance the status of plumbing engineering as a unique discipline.
The 2023 CPD exam is $450 for ASPE members and $675 for nonmembers. Not an ASPE member? Join today to save on the CPD exam fee and take advantage of all of our other member benefits.