As of November 4, 2022, the Quebec Construction Code, Chapter I – Building, and National Building Code of Canada 2015 (amended) is available to Quebec’s code users. This new edition is published by the National Research Council of Canada (NRC) on behalf of the Régie du bâtiment du Québec.
- Design requirements for barrier-free bathtubs and showers have been revised to enhance safety and accessibility.
- The integrity of fire separations has been improved to reduce the risk of fire spread.
- Fire alarm and detection systems have been improved to facilitate the safe and timely evacuation of building occupants.
- The apparent sound transmission class (ASTC) has been introduced to enhance the sound isolation between dwelling units.
- Provisions for wind, snow, and ice loads have been updated, increasing the climate resilience of buildings.
- Minimum distances of outdoor air intakes from sources of contaminants have been specified to improve indoor air quality for the safety of building occupants.
- Design requirements for stairs, ramps, handrails, and guards have been updated to reduce the risk of falls.
Access Electronic and Print Formats