The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) will conduct a one-day Keeping You Informed: Systems, Storage, Suppression, and More educational program on Tuesday, November 16 as part of the organization’s year-long 125th Anniversary Conference Series. The all-day online event will feature a total of 10 educational sessions and industry roundtable discussions featuring subject matter experts and can be viewed on the scheduled date or via on-demand anytime for up to a year. Attendees will also benefit from networking opportunities, live chat sessions, sponsor demonstrations, and more.
There will be plenty to absorb and apply in the workplace including advances in data collection and analysis that are influencing inspection, testing, and maintenance (ITM), as well as the latest on standpipes, hose systems, code-compliant fire alarms, storage, retrieval system protection, and more. The day will wrap up with an interactive, live panel discussion on some of the key changes coming to the 2022 edition of NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems.
The November 16 conference lineup includes:
- NFPA 25: Standard for the Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Water-Based Fire Protection Systems — An Interactive Evaluation of Inspection and Test Results — Terry Victor, Senior Manager of Industry Relations, Johnson Controls
- Developing a Code-Compliant Fire Alarm ITM Program for Health Care — Jon Hart, Technical Lead, Fire Protection Engineering, NFPA, and Joshua Brackett, Special Projects Manager, Baptist Health
- NFPA 72®: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code®, 2019: Test Your Knowledge — William Koffel, President, Koffel Associates Inc.
- The Importance of Water Supply Assessment in the Era of Aging Infrastructure — Jeff Brassel, Consultant, Nationwide Insurance
- Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance Requirements and Frequencies: Findings Based on an ITM Data Analysis — Cory Anderson, Xaap Area Sales Manager, North America; William Koffel, President, Koffel Associates Inc.; Rodger Reiswig, Fellow & VP, Industry Relations, Global, Johnson Controls; Terry Victor, Senior Manager, Industry Relations, Johnson Controls
- NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems New ESFR Sprinkler Obstruction Code Changes and Obstruction Analysis Tool — Garner Palenske, Associate Principal, Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates Inc.
- Holistic Protection Method of Top-Load Automatic Storage and Retrieval Systems — Weston Baker, Staff Vice President, Sr. Engineering Technical Specialist, FM Global and Benjamin Ditch, Sr. Lead Research Engineer, FM Global
- Elevator Fire Protection—Complying with NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems, NFPA 72®: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code®, and the Elevator Code — Liane Ozmun, Senior Fire Protection Engineer, FSB and Rodger Reiswig, Fellow & VP, Industry Relations, Global, Johnson Controls
- Practical Application of NFPA 14: Standard for the Installation of Standpipe and Hose Systems, 2019 edition — John Denhardt, Vice President, Engineering and Technical Services, American Fire Sprinkler Association and Kevin Hall, Fire Protection Engineer, American Fire Sprinkler Association
- Industry Roundtable: NFPA 13: Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems (2022) — What to Expect in the New Edition — Panel consists of active NFPA technical committee members with an NFPA staff moderator
Registrants can also earn CEUs by either tuning in on the event date to earn five credit hours (0.5 CEU) and earn an additional five credit hours on demand later for a total of 10 credit hours (1.0 CEU) or opt to view all content on demand, at their leisure, for a total of 10 credit hours (1.0 CEU).