The International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO) is seeking applicants to serve as technical experts on Uniform Solar, Hydronics, and Geothermal Code (USHGC) and Uniform Swimming Pool, Spa, and Hot Tub Code (USPSHTC) task groups.
The USHGC Technical Committee is seeking special subject experts to join the following task groups:
- Solar Thermal Systems: The scope of this task group is to review and update current provisions for solar thermal systems to improve requirements for design, construction, and installation in both residential and commercial applications.
- Hydronics Systems: The scope of this task group is to review and update current provisions for hydronic piping systems to improve requirements for design, construction, location, and installation.
- Geothermal Energy Systems: The scope of this task group is to address district systems and revise current provisions to update and comply with requirements from other industry standards.
- Net Zero: The scope of this task group is to generate guidelines for net zero through the use of renewable energy systems, reduction of energy demand, and increased system efficiency.
The USPSHTC Technical Committee is seeking special subject experts to join the following task groups:
- Aquatic Recreational Attractions: The scope of this task group is to review and update current provisions for aquatic recreational attractions to improve requirements for design, materials, water quality, and methods of construction. Aquatic recreational attractions include but are not limited to float tanks, white water centers, spray ground, water park attractions, surf parks, artificial lagoons, water rides, and attractions.
- Water Chemistry and Disinfection: The scope of this task group is to review and update current water chemistry parameters for swimming pools, spas, and hot tubs and to develop additional provisions for primary and secondary disinfection systems.
Task group members will participate via conference call or web meeting, provide their perspective on the codes, and assist in drafting recommendations for action by the USHGC and USPSHTC Technical Committees. Applicants are not required to be members of the USHGC or USPSHTC Technical Committee.
Those interested in participating in the USHGC or USPSHTC Task Groups can apply here.
The deadline to apply is October 22.