Designing public handwashing solutions that are code compliant, with reliable performance and efficiencies in water and energy use, can present several challenges to the plumbing engineer. Our one-hour webinar, “Importance of Effective Handwashing and Its Impact on Global Health,” sponsored by Eemax, will review current plumbing codes, public health agency guidelines, and regulatory statutes. Insights into specific water-heating technologies and system designs will be covered.
By participating in this webinar, participants will:
- Understand the service water-heating code bodies that dictate design parameters for safe and efficient hot water delivery: UL, UPC, IPC, IECC, ANSI, NEC
- Gain an understanding of current public health agency guidelines specific to handwashing and the effects on health: ASHRAE, CDC, CMS, DOE, EPA, OSHA, WHO
- Learn how water temperature can impact—both positively and negatively—the health efficacy of handwashing
- Be able to explain the differences between traditional and nontraditional types of water-heating technologies, and identify strengths and limitations of each in handwashing applications
- Gain an understand of the benefits of using tankless electric water-heating systems
This webinar is being held on May 11 at 1 p.m. CDT, and it offers 0.1 CEU. Thanks to Eemax, it is free for ASPE members. Registration is open here: bit.ly/3aSeKt4.
Chris Anderson has been with Eemax for nearly 20 years and has experience in manufacturing, technical support, and sales. Chris has worked to provide products that make buildings more efficient. He has worked on notable projects such as New Era Field (hone of the Buffalo Bills), One World Trade Center (Freedom Tower), and the NYC Department of Environmental Protection Waste Water Treatment Plant facility upgrades. Chris is passionate about finding the right solution for each application and customer needs.
Chris has a vast knowledge of residential and commercial plumbing systems, with a focus on hot water production and delivery. He is a valuable asset to engineers and contractors in the plumbing, mechanical, and electrical markets, where he assists in the creation of plumbing specifications and the implementation of high-performing, efficient, and cost-effective plumbing systems.