The U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy is hosting a 120-minute webinar called “What You Need to Know about the New Energy Standard for Commercial Buildings: Standard 90.1-2019” on January 23 at 1 p.m. EST.
ANSI/ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1: Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings has been a benchmark and national model code for commercial buildings for more than 40 years and is indispensable for engineers and other professionals involved in the design of buildings and their systems. Now, with many new addenda incorporated since the 2016 edition, Standard 90.1-2019 will significantly change the way buildings are built as these new modifications find their way into the world’s energy codes. This webinar, which is part of DOE’s Building Energy Codes Program Energy Codes Commentator webinar-based training series, will highlight some of the major changes that you can expect to see in building envelope, mechanical system, and lighting requirements. In addition, the session will highlight the whole building performance paths, Energy Cost Budget and Appendix G, and new commissioning requirements. This webinar is for anyone who wants advanced insight into the new standard’s expected impacts on the industry.
You can register here: attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7011774070490898187. This webinar offers AIA/ICC 2.0 LUHs / .20 PDU.
- Drake Erbe, Airxchange Inc. (SSPC 90.1 Chair)
- Leonard Sciarra, Gensler (SSPC 90.1 Envelope Subcommittee Chair)
- Kelly Seeger, Signify (SSPC 90.1 Lighting Subcommittee Chair)
- Jeff Boldt IMEG Corp (SSPC 90.1 Mechanical Subcommittee Chair)
- Michael Rosenberg, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (SSPC 90.1 Energy Cost Budget Subcommittee Member)
- Reid Hart, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (SSPC 90.1 Mechanical Subcommittee Consultant)