The following public review drafts for addendums to ANSI/ASHRAE/ICC/USGBC/IES Standard 189.1-2017: Standard for the Design of High-Performance Green Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings are now available for review and comment online at osr.ashrae.org. The 30-day public review runs until April 19, 2020.
- First Public Review of BSR/ASHRAE/ICC/USGBC/IES Addendum bc: Addendum bc to 189.1-2017 adds a new requirement for compliance with the Chapter 7 performance option calling for larger building projects to perform Energy Simulation Aided Design per ASHRAE Standard 209.
- First Public Review of BSR/ASHRAE/ICC/USGBC/IES Addendum bf: Addendum bf to 189.1-2017 provides improvements to the numbering and language regarding the application of Section 18.104.22.168 (Preoccupancy Ventilation Control) to better convey the intent behind those requirements.
- First Public Review of BSR/ASHRAE/ICC/USGBC/IES Addendum bl: Addendum bl to 189.1-2017 clarifies the relationship between Standard 90.1 Appendix G and Standard 189.1 Appendix C and verifies that these modeling rules apply to Sections 7.5.1, 7.5.2, and 7.5.3. The addendum also adds language to Normative Appendix C that clarifies how on-site non-renewable energy generation and combined heat and power systems are modeled for performance calculations.
- First Public Review of BSR/ASHRAE/ICC/USGBC/IES Addendum bn: Addendum bn to 189.1-2017 adds a requirement that air cleaning devices must not emit ozone, which closely resembles a recent change in Standard 62.1.
- First Public Review of BSR/ASHRAE/ICC/USGBC/IES Addendum bp: Addendum bp to 189.1-2017 modifies Section 4.2 to remove language that was considered problematic in the context of an ASHRAE standard. The changes seen here do not alter the intent of Section 4.2, which addresses the jurisdictional options added to the standard to facilitate local adoption of the Standard or the IgCC.