ASPE’s Certified in Plumbing Design (CPD) program offers the only international credential for engineers and designers of plumbing systems. Registration is open for the 2021 exam, which will be held via remote proctor on April 5-16.
To be eligible to take the CPD exam, you must:
- Have a minimum of four years of experience in a position of responsibility for the design of plumbing systems and a baccalaureate degree in a field related to engineering; or,
- In lieu of an accredited degree, substitute up to an additional four years of practical experience in the design of plumbing systems, for a total of eight years, or be granted a credit of one-half year of practical experience for each full year of education in an accredited curriculum related to plumbing engineering.
ASPE Members who are in the Full member category are automatically eligible to sit for the examination. To find out if you are eligible, fill out the eligibility form for the Credentialing Committee to review and advise.
The cost to take the 2021 CPD exam is $450 for ASPE members and $675 for nonmembers. Registration is open until April 8 at ASPE Education.
About the CPD Program
The Certified in Plumbing Design program provides the profession, the plumbing industry, and the general public with a single, comprehensive qualification of professional competence for engineers and designers of plumbing systems. It sets the standards for leadership within the industry and provides formal recognition of outstanding professionals with advanced skills in the design and specification of plumbing systems.
The CPD designation is designed to:
- Establish specific standards for professional competence in the field.
- Identify and recognize those individuals who successfully demonstrate their acquired knowledge and abilities.
- Encourage plumbing engineers to participate in a continuing program of professional development.
- Enhance the status of plumbing engineering as a unique discipline.
Those who successfully pass the exam and adhere to the recertification requirements are eligible to use the CPD designation.