On March 20, at ASPE’s headquarters in Rosemont, Illinois (near O’Hare Airport), we are hosting a full-day workshop on updates to the Chicago Plumbing Code, presented by past ASPE President, Julius Ballanco, PE, CPD, FASPE, President of JB Engineering and Code Consulting, P.C. This workshop offers 0.8 CEUs, and registration is available at education.aspe.org.
The workshop will identify the new code requirements and the impact they have on the design of plumbing systems. The subject matters that will be addressed include plumbing material requirements, drainage system design, venting systems, water piping systems, backflow protection, storm drainage design, green plumbing provisions, plumbing accessibility requirements, and special waste and venting.
The workshop will be broken down as follows:
- Overview of new code adoption and implementation – 15 minutes
- Major changes to the code – 30 minutes
- Administration and material requirements including piping, joints and connections, and fixtures – 90 minutes
- Water piping systems, including sizing – 45 minutes
- Backflow protection – 30 minutes
- Fixture requirements and accessibility – 45 minutes
- Drainage piping systems, design, sizing, and limitations – 60 minutes
- Venting system design, sizing, and alternative design considerations – 75 minutes
- Storm drainage system design, special systems, and sizing methods – 45 minutes
- Green plumbing design allowances – 15 minutes
- Special waste and venting systems – 30 minutes
Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the updated plumbing code requirements.
- Design water piping systems following the new requirements.
- Understand design requirements for backflow protection.
- Design drainage, waste, and vent systems for any type of building.
- Specify and design fixtures, including accessible fixtures.
- Design innovative plumbing systems.
- Understand the allowable green plumbing provisions.
- Design storm drainage systems and engineered storm drainage systems.
- Apply special waste requirements to various systems.
The cost for this workshop is $300 for ASPE members and $500 for nonmembers. You can sign up at education.aspe.org.