Next year’s Certified in Plumbing Design (CPD) exam will be held at testing sites around the world on March 30 – April 5.
The Certified in Plumbing Design (CPD) program is an international certification program for engineers and designers of plumbing systems. Completion of the CPD program and examination confers upon the successful candidate the designation Certified in Plumbing Design (CPD). The certification program provides the profession, the plumbing industry, and the general public with a single, comprehensive qualification of professional competence for engineers and designers of plumbing systems.
The CPD, which is the only international credential program in the plumbing engineering field, sets the standards for leadership within the industry and provides formal recognition of outstanding professionals with advanced skills in the design and specification of plumbing systems.
The CPD designation is designed to:
- Establish specific standards for professional competence in the field
- Identify and recognize those individuals who successfully demonstrate their acquired knowledge and abilities
- Encourage plumbing engineers to participate in a continuing program of professional development
- Provide a standard for educational programs in plumbing engineering
- Enhance the status of plumbing engineering as a unique discipline
More information on the CPD program can be found at aspe.org/cpd.