Thousands of industry professionals from all over the world spent time at the 2020 ASPE Digital Experience on December 1-3 to chat with our nearly 100 exhibitors and learn about their new plumbing products and technologies in the Expo Hall. ASPE members also were able to listen to our keynote speakers and live technical sessions, as well as network with speakers and other attendees in our breakout sessions.
If you weren’t able to join us live, don’t worry. The Expo Hall and technical sessions will be available until January 31, 2021. You can sign up and view them at your convenience at expo.aspe.org. The Expo Hall is free for everyone to browse, and the technical sessions are complimentary to ASPE members.
The highlight of the 2020 ASPE Digital Experience was Zurn Industries LLC receiving the Best Booth Award for the informative and stylish mix of videos, text, and photos in their booth. However, all of the exhibitors had much to offer, all intended to teach attendees about the latest innovations in plumbing products and technologies. Attendees also had the chance to network directly with product specialists and other participants in the booth chat rooms. You can find out which manufacturers and service providers exhibited at expo.aspe.org.
To kick off the 2020 ASPE Digital Experience, Susan Limbrunner, AIA, and Douglas King, NCARB, ACHA, presented the two-part keynote session: “The Whole Story and Beyond: Planning, Design, Construction and Operations Considerations for Creating the McCormick Place Alternative Care Facility, and its Lasting Legacy on Emergency Response in the United States.” They shared a first-hand account of the rapid journey to convert the country’s largest convention center into an operating healthcare facility and lessons learned that can be applied to future deployments of alternate care sites in the case of an emergency.
In addition to the keynote, four live sessions were presented:
- Grease and Oil Interceptor Design and Sizing
- Physical Water Conditioning
- Hands On Workshop for Multi-Story Fittings in High Rise Vertical Construction
- Not All Alloys are Created Equal
As part of their registration package, ASPE members also were able to view eight recorded sessions:
- Commercial High-Purity Water Systems and Applications
- Double Containment Fuel Piping
- In-building Blackwater Reclamation and Thermal Energy Recovery in Manhattan
- Lab Water Design – An In-Depth Case Study and Review
- Plumbing Systems and Global Pandemics
- Practical Plumbing That Improves Customer Satisfaction
- UL1738 Venting Standard – Current State and Adoption
All of these technical sessions offer CEUs and are available for viewing until January 31, 2021.