CPDT Exam Information
Thank you for your interest in the CPDT Examination (doc to be updated by February 2020 for the Fall 2020 exam). The exam is a 3.5-hour, 100-question multiple choice examination held annually in the fall.
To be eligible to take the CPDT Examination, a candidate must possess one of the following:
- Bachelor degree in engineering with 1 year experience designing plumbing systems
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a field related to engineering (physics, mathematics, architecture, civil, environmental studies, construction, HVAC, etc.) and a minimum of two years of experience designing plumbing systems
- 4 years minimum of plumbing design experience
ASPE Members that are in the Full or Associate member categories are automatically eligible to sit for the examination. To inquire if you'd be eligible fill out the eligibility form to notify the Credentialing Committee.
The exam is held annually in the Fall. The 2020 CPDT Exam dates are:
- Exam registration opens: June 15, 2020
- Exam registration closes: September 24, 2020
- Exam dates: October 5 - 11, 2020
Read more on the following pages to find more information about the CPDT Examination: