CPDT Exam Information
Thank you for your interest in the CPDT Examination. The exam is a 3.5-hour, 100-question multiple choice examination held annually in the fall. The 2020 CPDT Exam will be held via remote proctor which means candidates will take the exam from the comfort of their home or office during a two-week period. More information will be shared with candidates after they successfully register for the exam.
Read more about the exam the in the candidate bulletin.
To be eligible to take the CPDT Examination, a candidate must possess one of the following:
- Bachelor degree in engineering with 1 year experience designing plumbing systems
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a field related to engineering (physics, mathematics, architecture, civil, environmental studies, construction, HVAC, etc.) and a minimum of two years of experience designing plumbing systems
- 4 years minimum of plumbing design experience
ASPE Members that are in the Full or Associate member categories are automatically eligible to sit for the examination. To inquire if you'd be eligible fill out the eligibility form to notify the Credentialing Committee.
The exam is held annually in the Fall. The updated 2020 CPDT Exam dates are:
- Exam registration opens: June 15, 2020
- Exam registration closes: October 8, 2020
- Exam dates: October 5 - 18, 2020
- If you're a Full or Associate member of ASPE you can begin registration here.
- To inquire if you'd be eligible fill out the eligibility form to notify the Credentialing Committee.
- The exam is $225 for members, $450 for nonmembers.
Read more on the following pages to find more information about the CPDT Examination:
- General exam FAQs