The 2021 CPD Exam will be held via remote proctor from April 5 - 16, 2021.
Read more about the 2021 CPD Exam due to COVID-19 here.
Thank you for your interest in the CPD Examination (2020 exam bulletin). The open-book exam is a 3.5-hour, 100-question multiple choice examination held annually in the spring. New! Watch this brief informational video about the exam (login required to view entirety of the components).
To be eligible to take the CPD Examination, a candidate must possess:
- A minimum of four years of experience in a position of responsibility for the design of plumbing systems and possess a baccalaureate degree in a field related to engineering
- In lieu of an accredited degree, a candidate may substitute up to an additional four years of practical experience in the design of plumbing systems, for a total of eight years, or be granted a credit of one-half year of practical experience for each full year of education in an accredited curriculum related to plumbing engineering
ASPE Members that are in the Full member category are automatically eligible to sit for the examination. To inquire if you'd be eligible fill out the eligibility form to notify the Credentialing Committee.
The exam is held annually in the spring. The 2021 CPD Exam dates are:
- 2021 Exam dates: April 5 - 16, 2021
- Registration opens: Nov. 23, 2020
- Registration closes: April 8, 2021
Read more on the following pages to find more information about the CPD Examination:
- General exam FAQs
- Exam open book policy FAQs
- Not applicable for 2021 but to inquire where a CPD Exam may be held in the future, find a testing center location (Pearson Professional Centers only)
The 2021 CPD Exam fees are as follows:
- ASPE Members $450
- Nonmembers $675