Thank you for your interest in the CPD Examination. The open-book exam is a 3.5-hour, 100-question multiple choice examination held annually in the spring.
To be eligible to take the CPD Examination, a candidate must possess:
- A minimum of four years of experience in a position of responsibility for the design of plumbing systems and possess a baccalaureate degree in a field related to engineering
- In lieu of an accredited degree, a candidate may substitute up to an additional four years of practical experience in the design of plumbing systems, for a total of eight years, or be granted a credit of one-half year of practical experience for each full year of education in an accredited curriculum related to plumbing engineering
ASPE Members that are in the Full member category are automatically eligible to sit for the examination. To inquire if you'd be eligible fill out the eligibility form to notify the Credentialing Committee.
The exam is held annually in the spring. The 2020 CPD Exam dates are:
- Exam dates: March 30 - April 5, 2020
- Registration opens: Dec. 1, 2019
- Registration closes: March 19, 2020
Read more on the following pages to find more information about the CPD Examination:
- General exam FAQs
- Exam open book policy FAQs
- Find a testing center location (Pearson Professional Centers only)
The exam fees are as follows:
- ASPE Members (USA & Canada) $450 (International) $575
- Nonmembers (USA & Canada) $675 (International) $800
Days until the 2020 CPD Exam
Ready to Begin Your Studies?
Recently announced! We are hosting two CPD Review Classes in Phoenix, AZ and Atlanta, GA in February 2020.