This winter ASPE is headed west for a one-day intensive special one day class where you will get the whole day to be hands-on with Revit MEP 2014. This class will be instructor led and will go through the creation, layout and editing of HVAC Ductwork, Mechanical Piping, and Domestic Piping including sloped Sanitary requirements.
This class is intended for the Revit user that is familiar with the software interface and is proficient with the core tools. You can bring your own laptop or rent a laptop with the software pre-loaded. Learning objectives include:
- Linking Revit/AutoCAD Files to create backgrounds
- Using Shared Coordinates to synchronize your models
- Using Copy / Monitor for Background Levels & Grids
- Setting up Spaces to track room equipment quickly with Schedules
Creating HVAC Systems
- Mechanical Settings & Mechanical Equipment Layout
- Terminal Device Layout – Air Terminals and VAV boxes
- Creating working Duct System Types
- Layout a Duct System
- Annotating & Analyzing your Duct System
Creating Mechanical Piping Systems
- Mechanical Equipment Layout
- Creating Pipe System Types
- Using Filters to identify your Systems
- Layout a Mechanical Piping System
- Annotating & Scheduling your Mechanical Piping System
Creating Plumbing Systems
- Batch Copy the Architects Plumbing Fixtures
- Creating Plumbing System Types
- Using Pipe System Types & Filters to Isolate your Systems
- Create, Use & Edit Slope Pipe Settings
- Layout a Plumbing System with Sloped Pipe
Click here for computer requirements.
About the Presenter: Derek Renn, AEC Technical Manager, Kelar Pacific
Derek is an Autodesk Certified Instructor and an Application Specialist for a Kelar Pacific, an Autodesk Gold Reseller in Southern California in the AEC Solutions Division offerings. He specializes in the MEP industry as an Implementation Certified Expert and is currently a Level 5 Application Engineer. For the last 16 years he has worked in the Autodesk channel, assisting many clients in the Southern California community. He also serves the local User Groups in Southern California, and has taught classes as a Speaker at Autodesk University, and many national clients.
Cost: $225/person ($300/person with computer rental)
CEUs: Earn .75 CEUs or 7.5 PDHs for attending
Where: Holiday Inn Santa Ana - Orange County Airport, 2726 S Grand Ave, Santa Ana, CA 9270
Registration and a light breakfast starts at 7:30 a.m. Workshop begins promptly at 8:00 a.m.
Please note: the class is limited to 50 attendees, so register early!
Registration closed. Onsite registration is not available.
New! Want to attend this workshop but need talking points to speak to your supervisor about attending? Download this justification sheet and share it with your employer about the benefits of attending.
Questions? Contact ASPE Education at 224-217-9016 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Autodesk Revit 2014 Product System Requirements For Autodesk® Revit® 2014, Autodesk® Revit® Architecture 2014, Autodesk® Revit® MEP 2014, and Autodesk® Revit® Structure 2014
Minimum entry-level configuration
- Windows® 7 32-bit Enterprise, Ultimate, Professional, or Home Premium edition operating system
- Single- or multi-core Intel® Pentium®, Intel® Xeon®, or i-Series processor or AMD equivalent with SSE2 technology (highest affordable CPU speed rating recommended)
- Multiple cores for many tasks, up to 16 cores for near-photorealistic rendering operations
- 4 GB RAM (Usually sufficient for a typical editing session for a single model up to approximately 100 MB on disk. This estimate is based on internal testing and customer reports. Individual models will vary in their use of computer resources and performance characteristics.)
- Models created in previous versions of Revit products may require more available memory for the one-time upgrade process
- /3GB RAM switch not recommended. Revit software and system stability can be affected by memory conflicts with video drivers when the /3GB switch is active.
- 5 GB free disk space
- 1,280 x 1,024 monitor with true color
- Display adapter capable of 24-bit color for basic graphics, 256 MB DirectX® 11-capable graphics card with Shader Model 3 as recommended by Autodesk
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 7 (or later)
- MS-Mouse or 3Dconnexion®-compliant device
- Download or installation from DVD9 or USB key
- Internet connectivity for license registration and prerequisite component download
Click here to view the requirements directly from the Autodesk website.