Young professionals will learn the business skills they need to advance in their careers at this full-day workshop.
July 7, 2017 — The American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE) is hosting a full-day workshop exclusively for young plumbing industry professionals on Thursday, October 19, 2017 at the Hotel Bonaventure Montreal in Montreal, Quebec, just prior to the 2017 ASPE Technical Symposium. Registration for the Leadership Academy is now open at 2017tech.aspe.org, and those who also register for the 2017 ASPE Technical Symposium will receive 25% off the cost of this pre-conference event.
Titled “What They Didn't Teach You in College,” the AYP Leadership Academy will teach attendees:
- Presentation skills to lead effective meetings and win project interviews
- Tools for effective public speaking
- How to manage the intricacies of networking, meal etiquette, and tricky business situations
- Key leadership skills to grow personally
- Ways to develop (and maintain) strong, enduring relationships in your profession
- How to identify personal and professional goals and work with a mentor to achieve them
- How emotional intelligence can improve and strengthen business (and personal) relationships
The workshop will be presented by Deirdre Gilmore, CPSM, a recognized expert in business development, career growth, and strategic planning in the AEC community. “This academy is a day of leadership and business development best practices that are the foundation of growing your career in the design industry,” says Gilmore.
All young professionals 35 years old or younger are invited to participate in this professional development workshop, but registration by September 4 is required. You can learn more about the career benefits of the AYP Leadership Academy and the 2017 ASPE Technical Symposium at 2017tech.aspe.org.