Understanding your role and responsibilities within the mentor/mentee relationship will better enable you to reach all of your desired goals.
Mentee Roles and Responsibilities
- Have a clear understanding of why you want to be mentored
- Select a mentor based on criteria relevant to your goals
- Have a clear understanding of your expectations for your mentor
- Clearly communicate those expectations
- Stay flexible in changing expectations or plans
- Create goals with milestones and deliverables
- Inform your mentor about your preferred learning style
- Be realistic about setting timelines
- Listen and contribute to the conversation
- Understand that your mentor will not have all the answers
- Accept constructive feedback
- Set time aside for self-reflection
- Evaluate progress
- Celebrate success
- Be consistent and reliable
- Provide your mentor with updates after the mentoring is completed
- Provide an evaluation of the experience
- Say "thank you!"
- Give back to the profession and volunteer to become a mentor
If you are interested in being a mentee of the program, please complete this survey. Your response will allow us to match you appropriately with a mentor.
Note: The program is intended for career development and strictly prohibits participants from marketing or soliciting for business reasons.