Vol. 11, No. 21, October 11, 2018
Chapter Delegates elect the 2018–2020 ASPE Board of Directors
At the 2018 ASPE Convention & Expo in Atlanta, Chapter Delegates elected the following individuals to represent them on the 2018–2020 ASPE Board of Directors:
- President: Carol Johnson, CPD, LEED AP, CFI, FASPE
- Vice President, Technical: Don Strickland, CPD, GPD, FASPE
- Vice President, Education: Blair Minyard, PE, CDT, CPD
- Vice President, Legislative: Brianne N. Hall, PE, CPD, LEED AP BD+C, GGP
- Vice President, Membership: Vincent (Vinny) Falkowski, PE, PMP, CCM
- Vice President, Affiliate: Thomas P. Sharp
- Treasurer: Jim Zebrowski, PE, CPD, FASPE
- Region 1 Director: R. Paul Silvestre, FASPE
- Region 2 Director: Keith Bush, CPD, GPD, CSI
- Region 3 Director: Steve E. Mastley, CPD, FASPE
- Region 4 Director: Scott M. Steindler, CPD, LEED AP, ARCSA AP (IS), GPD, GGP
- Region 5 Director: Bryan Hutton, CPD
Contact information for the 2018–2020 ASPE Board of Directors can be found at aspe.org/board-directors.
2018 CPDT exam registration closes today
Young plumbing system designers: this is your last chance to sign up for this year's CPDT exam, which is being held at testing sites around the world on October 25 and 26. Don't miss your opportunity to join our elite group of plumbing system design professionals. You can find more information about the CPDT program, study aids, and exam registration here.
Delta Faucet renews as the Exclusive Sponsor of WOA for the next year
During the 2018 Women of ASPE (WOA) Leadership Forum on September 28, Jason Gonzalez, Senior Director of Commercial Sales at Delta Faucet, and Sarah A. Balz, PE, CPD, GPD, LEED AP, Chair of WOA, signed a contract to renew the company's exclusive sponsorship of WOA for the second year. We thank Delta Faucet for their continued support of women in the industry.
ASPE and ASHRAE strengthen partnership to advance industry initiatives
On October 1, ASHRAE President-Elect Darryl Boyce and Executive VP Jeff Littleton, and 2016–2018 ASPE President Mitch Clemente, CPD, FASPE, and Executive Director/CEO Billy Smith, FASPE, signed an MOU that defines how the two societies will collaborate more closely to continue furthering and promoting the advancements of a more sustainable built environment. More>>
Pictures from the 2018 ASPE Convention & Expo are now available
To view, download, and buy pictures from all of the events, including the Sunday night party, Expo, First-Timers Reception, Breakfast Award Ceremony & Keynote Address, and more, visit aspe.smugmug.com/Events/2018-ConventionExpo-Atlanta.
ASPE Chapters celebrate fall with networking events
On October 18, ASPE's Chicago Chapter is holding its Product Show at the Midwest Conference Center, and the St. Louis Chapter is holding an AYP networking outing at The Axe House. Also on October 18, ASPE's Los Angeles Chapter's annual overnight fishing trip will depart from Dana Wharf Sportfishing. Go to aspe.org/chapterevents to learn more about these and other Chapter events.
2018 Class of the Kenneth G. Wentink College of Fellows is announced
In 2008, the Kenneth G. Wentink College of Fellows was created to recognize Society members who have made significant and exceptional contributions to the plumbing engineering and design profession and to the Society. We are pleased to announce that the following individuals were chosen for the 2018 Class of Fellows by the Fellows Committee:
- Ronald K. Bartley, PE, CPD, CPI/CPE, FASPE
- Carol Johnson, CPD, LEED AP, CFI, FASPE
- Vincent J. Scriboni, FASPE
- William C. Stewart Jr., FASPE
- Don Strickland, CPD, GPD, FASPE
- Karl E. Yrjanainen, PE, CPD, FASPE
ASPE members and industry partners receive top honors
At the 2018 ASPE Convention & Expo Breakfast Award Ceremony on October 1, ASPE honored the following individuals and organizations with the Society's highest awards.
- George W. Runkle Award: William F. Hughes Jr., CPD, LEED AP, FASPE
- Distinguished Service Award: Sarah A. Balz, PE, CPD, GPD, LEED AP, and Robert J. Shorey Jr., CPD, GPD, FASPE
- Kenneth G. Wentink Award of Excellence: Christoph Lohr, PE, CPD
- Industry Award: Delta Faucet
- Donald Dickerson Founders Award: J. Joe Scott II, CPD, LEED AP, FASPE
- Chapter Humanitarian Award: West Coast Florida Chapter
- Education & Research Foundation Award for Scientific Achievement: Professor Steven Buchberger, Timothy Wolfe, PE, Jason Hewitt, PE, CPD, LEED AP, Dan Cole, and Toritseju Omaghomi
New water demand calculator is now available
This tool provides a new alternative to Hunter's curve when estimating water supply demand for residential buildings based on today's plumbing fixtures and appliances and usage patterns. More>>
IAPMO seeks proposals for the 2020 We-Stand
Formal code change proposals toward the development of the 2020 edition of the Water Efficiency and Sanitation Standard (We-Stand) are due by January 29, 2019. More>>
Leading plumbing fixture manufacturers win WaterSense awards
American Standard and Delta Faucet Company won 2018 WaterSense Sustained Excellence Awards for innovation and water-conservation initiatives. More>>
ASHRAE releases training course schedule for its 2019 Winter Conference
ASHRAE Learning Institute will offer five full-day seminars and 15 half-day courses on how to create healthier, more energy-efficient built environments during the conference in Atlanta on January 12–16. More>>
ASPE partners announce leadership changes
WQA has named Tom Bruursema its Associate Executive Director of Member & Public Engagement, and NSF has appointed Suzan Somo General Manager of Plumbing Products.
Public comment period for the National Green Building Standard is open
Proposed changes to the 2020 edition of this standard are available for comment through November 12, 2018. More>>
NIBS is accepting Beyond Green Awards applications
The awards recognize projects and activities that best demonstrate high-performance attributes in systems, buildings, and communities, and the deadline to apply is October 31, 2018. More>>
ASPE Pipeline Supporter: