Fire Protections Systems Course
Earn 0.3 CEUs for completion in this course
ASPE and the American Supply Association's Education Foundation (ASAEF) have teamed up to offer industry members a course in fire protection system. This course is hosted on ASAEF's learning management system and upon successful registration you'll be able to take this three-hour course through nine different modules on their platform.
Learning Objectives: At the conclusion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Explain the various codes and standards that apply to fire protection.
- Describe the different types of fire detection systems and extinguishing agents, including hydraulic sprinkler design.
- Explain the different types and uses of fire pumps in fire detection and prevention systems.
- Discuss specific pipe requirements, standards, and classes in relation to fire prevention mechanisms.
- Summarize different types and components of fire pumps and their uses.
- List the different extinguishing agents that can be used to put out a fire.
This course reviews the fundamentals of fire protection systems, including a brief history of fire protection systems, building safety, detection and suppression systems and agents, as well as fire pumps, standpipes, hose and sprinkler systems.
Module 1: Protection Fundamentals - Describes the codes and standards that apply to fire protection.
Module 2: Building Safety - Describes fire safety in building design and building process.
Module 3: Detection Systems - Describes the different components and types of fire detection system.
Module 4: Fire Suppression Overview - Introduces the different types of extinguishing agents.
Module 5: Fire Pumps - Describes the different types and components of fire pumps.
Module 6: Private Mains, Standpipes, and Hose Systems - Discusses pipe requirements, standards, and class.
Module 7: Automatic Sprinkler Systems - Describes how fire sprinkler systems are designed.
Module 8: Hydraulics - Describes the basic hydraulics required for sprinkler systems.
Module 9: Fire Suppression Agents -
Introduces the different types of extinguishing systems.
Click here to purchase the online course. Please note: this is to purchase access to the online course. It can take up to 5 business days to receive confirmation from ASAEF that you've been enrolled in their platform and can begin the course. A certificate will be issued upon completion from ASAEF and ASPE.