2019 Webinar Series
Making Intelligent Drainage Choices for Ultra-Hygienic Applications
January 10, 2019 @ 2 p.m. EST
This one-hour contact program awards 0.1 CEU or 1.0 PDH.
This session will look at ways that hygienically designed drainage systems and an informed selection of drainage products (properly specified, installed, and maintained) can help mitigate the risk of contamination and corrosion. It will also address ways that well designed and constructed drainage can be cleaned with minimal water use and production downtime.
- Risks and costs associated with contamination and recalls
- Applicable Codes and Standards of Drainage Components
- Identify the primary pathogens, causes of recall, and where they thrive
- Selecting the right drainage for your applicationSustainable designs and water savings analysisAnalyzation of first cost vs. install cost of Stainless piping systems
- Resistance to biological hazards
- Corrosion Resistance
- Temperature Considerations
- Load Ratings and Durability
- Why Stainless Steel Piping is the best choice for Hygienic Installations
Learning Objectives include:
- Identify appropriate codes and standards that apply to specific applications
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with misapplication of piping materials
- Make educated decisions and inform potential clients of the risks and advantages of various materials for their specific application thus protecting the client’s best interests
- Understanding the causes of pipe corrosion Comprehension of material cost vs. install costs associated with stainless steel systems
Scott Steindler, CPD, GPD, LEED-AP BD+C, ARCSA-AP (IS), GGP, Regional Manager for Watts Water Technologies, has served as the Vice-President of Membership, Vice-President Technical, and is the current Region 4 Director for the Society Board of the American Society of Plumbing Engineers. He has also served on the local board of directors for the Los Angeles, Charlotte, and New Orleans Chapters of ASPE in various roles. His background includes working in the plumbing industry as a wholesaler, contractor, designer, and manufacturers’ representative. Scott’s 20 years of experience gives him a unique and comprehensive understanding of the industry as a whole.
James Hunt, MBA is the business development manager for BLUCHER A Watts Brand in the US and Canada. He has an MBA from the University of Georgia and spent most of career prior to joining Watts in the fire protection industry where he lead growth in Fire sprinklers and pumping solutions. He developed a training center and training curriculum for NFPA 20. James is still acting as treasurer for the Georgia Fire Sprinkler Association.
Click here to register for the live webinar or to obtain your CEU certificate for the live webinar. Can't attend on January 10? This webinar will be archived for viewing at a later date.
Members first time viewing: $70
Members previously viewed: FREE