2019 Workshop Series
Intermediate Plumbing Design Workshop
February 21, 2019
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
This workshop awards 0.75 CEUs or 7.5 PDHs for attending (7.5 contact hours)
This session is designed to delve deeper into the complexities of common domestic plumbing systems, Topics will include sizing and selecting multi-stage pressure regulators, selecting the right type of valve for each application, designing specific flue and combustion systems, sizing and selecting pumps, and choosing the right equipment and fixtures for you application. Following this session, participants will be able to confidently raise the level of detail and accuracy in their designs.
Upon successful completion of the course learners will be able to:
- Determine when to use a ball valve, a globe valve or a gate valve as well as full port/standard port options and 2 piece/3 pieces construction
- Identify the four categories of venting along with their combustion air and termination requirements.
- Describe the differences between flat venting, wet venting, island venting and combination waste and vent.
- Identify roof drain options and when to specify them including the roof sump, flashing clamp, wide flange, extension and cast iron dome.
- Determine where other building elements, such as electric rooms and footings, will conflict with the plumbing design.
Instructor: Peter A. Kraut, P.E.
Peter Kraut is a licensed mechanical engineer. He has a Bachelor of Science degree in Architectural Engineering Technology and over 20 years’ experience in the design of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems. He founded SCEG in 2001 providing engineering for all market sectors including restaurants, hotels, offices, schools, hospitals and even amusement parks. He is a member of the City of Los Angeles’ Technical Advisory Committee, a Mentor for the USC chapter of Engineers Without Borders and a past president of the Los Angeles Chapter of ASPE.
- Class is limited to 20 students
- Class will not be broadcast or available for virtual/remote participation
- Lunch will be provided on both days, light snacks will be provided both days
- Registration is not available for partial class participation
- Registration is NOT transferrable and proper ID is required. Only the person registered for the class is permitted to participate.
- Questions? Email email@example.com or call at 224-217-9016
It's recommended to fly into John Wayne Airport. Class location: 530 Technology Drive, Irvine, CA 92618